Saturday, November 26, 2011

Project Helium is Now Open Source!

That's right! My first game, built on HTML5 and JavaScript, is now open source! You can find the source on Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/project-helium/. If you would like to help out with the project, let me know through Google+ or email and I'll add you to the list of contributors. You'll need Mercurial to get the repository, and Java for using Closure Compiler to create minimised builds. Also, if you want to use the current build scripts, you'll need Linux.

Just go to the project page if you'd like to know more. I've created a getting started wiki page which should answer most basic questions of how everything is set up. Currently, I'm looking for help doing documentation and code cleanup, as well as making sure everything is licensed properly. So again, if you'd like to help out, let me know so I can add you to the list.

Even if you don't want to help out directly, be sure to check out the source. It should make a good starting point for those looking to make similar games or learn basic JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment